Up-to-the-minute financial news from various sources
News and comment
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
The news stories on this page have been written and produced by a third party and neither nor its representatives can be held responsible for the accuracy of the content/information contained within these stories.
FT.com - Your Pension
- Brussels races to amend rules that sting pension industry
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 05:04:25 GMT
EU derivatives rules scheduled for 2018 set to strain occupational schemes
- ?Force pension schemes to send data to dashboard?
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 05:00:11 GMT
Defined benefit providers likely to be reluctant to supply details, says campaigner
- City financier urges end to tax relief on top pensions
Wed, 18 Jan 2017 17:50:21 GMT
Former adviser to Boris Johnson wants to create ?SuperFunds? for infrastructure
- Pension penalty on grandparents
Wed, 18 Jan 2017 05:00:21 GMT
Grandparents of working age could be losing thousands of state entitlements
BBC Business News
- Theresa May: UK will be a global leader on trade
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:18:03 GMT
The prime minister says mainstream politicians must tackle a backlash against globalisation.
- Australian icon Vegemite comes home
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:13:35 GMT
Vegemite is back under Australian ownership after it is sold by US food giant Mondelez.
- BHP Billiton and Vale set timeframe for Samarco mine claims
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 09:54:44 GMT
BHP Billiton and Vale set a deadline of 30 June to consolidate claims resulting from the Samarco dam disaster.
- Moscovici: If you're in you're in, if you're out you're out
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 09:38:50 GMT
European Commissioner Pierre Moscovici says the UK "cannot have all the advantages of being a member of the club when you are out of the club".
- Pedestrian dies after being hit by fire engine in Royston
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:38:57 GMT
A pedestrian dies after a fire engine responding to an emergency loses control and overturns.
- Travellers forced to leave The Gambia arrive in UK
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:30:24 GMT
Thousands of UK and Dutch tourists continue to be evacuated from The Gambia on special charter flights. People arriving at Manchester airport spoke to the BBC.
- Secondary school tables: How is yours doing?
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:29:35 GMT
As new school league tables are published, the government says 282 secondaries are failing.
- Alkaline swindle
Thu, 19 Jan 2017 10:25:08 GMT
Naima Houder-Mohammed believed Robert O Young, the father of the alkaline diet, could cure her. It didn't turn out as she hoped.