Up-to-the-minute financial news from various sources
News and comment
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
The news stories on this page have been written and produced by a third party and neither nor its representatives can be held responsible for the accuracy of the content/information contained within these stories.
FT.com - Your Pension
- Green's problem is his behaviour not his title
Thu, 20 Oct 2016 16:12:58 GMT
The focus should be on BHS pensioners, says Sebastian Payne
- Should I take a lump sum out of my pension?
Thu, 20 Oct 2016 04:31:15 GMT
I plan to use the spare cash to pay down a mortgage
- UK to impose capital rules on pension schemes
Wed, 19 Oct 2016 19:01:28 GMT
Buffers intended to protect auto-enrolled workers in Master Trust schemes
- Treasury abandons flagship Osborne reform on pensions
Tue, 18 Oct 2016 19:20:32 GMT
Plans for sale of retirement annuities raise consumer protection concerns
BBC Business News
- McDonald's beats sales forecasts on breakfast rush
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:35:28 GMT
McDonald's has reported better-than-expected sales during the third quarter, lifted by the UK and an improved all day breakfast menu.
- Bombardier to cut 7,500 more jobs across its global operations
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:15:36 GMT
Canadian plane and train maker Bombardier announces significant job cuts for the second time this year, shedding another 7,500 posts.
- FTSE 100 lifted by tobacco stocks
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 11:41:10 GMT
News of British American Tobacco's planned merger with Reynolds boosts shares in cigarette companies, lifting the London market.
- Does Ireland remain committed to the EU?
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 11:03:00 GMT
Colm O'Regan looks at the challenges ahead for Ireland after the UK voted to leave the EU in June 2016.
- Mosul battle: IS launches Iraq counter-attack at Kirkuk
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:49:12 GMT
Islamic State militants counter-attack in northern Iraq, killing at least 19 people in Kirkuk, as government forces advance on their stronghold, Mosul.
- Bangladesh v England: First Test evenly poised after late Ben Stokes wicket
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:36:55 GMT
Bangladesh close day two of the first Test with England in Chittagong 72 behind with five wickets intact at 221-5.
- Theresa May 'optimistic' she can get right Brexit deal for UK
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:34:42 GMT
Theresa May predicts "difficult moments" ahead in Brexit negotiations but says she is optimistic she can get a deal "that is right for the UK".
- Aberfan school survivor recalls the day of disaster
Fri, 21 Oct 2016 14:28:32 GMT
Survivors of the Aberfan mine tragedy have been taking part in memorial services to mark the 50th anniversary of the disaster which killed 116 children and 28 adults.