Up-to-the-minute financial news from various sources
News and comment
Welcome to your on-line financial newsletter. This service is regularly updated to bring you news of important developments in financial matters.
The news stories on this page have been written and produced by a third party and neither nor its representatives can be held responsible for the accuracy of the content/information contained within these stories.
FT.com - Your Pension
- Treasury refuses to rule out pension tax relief cuts
Wed, 22 Mar 2017 13:46:05 GMT
Government needs to plug £2bn hole created by U-turn on tax rises for self-employed
- State pension review to oppose early access for sick
Tue, 21 Mar 2017 13:02:15 GMT
Cridland report to advise against flexible payments owing to complexity
- FT Money event ? your final salary pension
Fri, 17 Mar 2017 18:01:30 GMT
Reader event on April 3 to feature Baroness Ros Altmann
- Pension exec fights financial illiteracy crisis
Sat, 11 Mar 2017 05:08:36 GMT
Rob Gardner, founder of Redington, is evangelical about saving
BBC Business News
- Next shares leads FTSE 100 higher
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 17:45:32 GMT
Shares in Next climb by 8% despite the company reporting its first fall in profits for eight years.
- Eddie Stobart: Lorry firm targets £550m stock market listing
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 16:41:24 GMT
The haulage firm, known for its green and red lorries, plans to list its shares in London next month.
- RBS and NatWest to shed 158 branches and more than 400 jobs
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 16:03:12 GMT
Rising popularity of online banking prompts the decision to ditch 17% of RBS and 13% of NatWest branches.
- Kenya starts selling bonds via mobile phones
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 14:53:48 GMT
Kenya is the first country to sell government bonds exclusively to citizens via their phones.
- London attack: Khalid Masood identified as killer
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 19:30:42 GMT
The man believed to have carried out the attack is identified as Kent-born Khalid Masood, 52.
- London attack: How man tried to save PC Keith Palmer
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 19:16:24 GMT
Tony Davis was the first person to reach PC Keith Palmer, who lost his life in the London attack.
- Martin McGuinness 'was freedom fighter, not terrorist'
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:43:37 GMT
Thousands of mourners hear Gerry Adams claim Martin McGuinness was "not a terrorist" but a "freedom fighter".
- Man held for 'driving at crowd' in Antwerp, Belgium
Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:06:02 GMT
A man is arrested in the Belgian city of Antwerp on suspicion of driving at a crowd, police say.